Please note: We are currently experiencing some internal changes and cannot schedule new tours at this time. Please use this page to check for updates. We look forward to having visitors again soon!
Tours are available to school, scout and other groups. They start with a short video showing the process of limestone quarrying and the history of Rohrer’s Incorporated. The tour takes about two hours. Topics covered can include the mining process, basic geology, and/or careers in the quarry/stone industry.
Tours can be scheduled Monday through Saturday. Saturday tours normally have the opportunity to safely walk the entire property, down into the quarry pit and throughout the stone plant and concrete plant. PLEASE NOTE: The walking tour is not suitable for children who must be carried or wheeled in a stroller.
Tours during production (Monday through Friday) require the group to provide a bus or van for transportation around the quarry and all personnel must fit safely in no more than two vehicles. Handicap access is available. Hardhats and safety glasses are provided as needed.
These tours are free of charge! Rohrer’s Inc. wants to help educate and keep the community informed about the importance and necessity of a quarry. To schedule a tour, please contact the administrative office:
- PAgeology.info Geology resources for Pennsylvania Teachers and Students (not available at this time)
- North Museum of Natural History & Science Lancaster County, PA
- Jones Geological Services York County, PA
- Pennsylvania Department of Education
- PA Legislature Locate and track current state legislation
- PA Topo/Geo Pennsylvania Topographic and Geologic Survey
- Chemfinder Find CAS numbers and other information on chemicals
- Michigan Mine Safety Mine safety training materials and clip art